'Hold On' (feat. Alex Francis) ☆ Music Video now on YouTube

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
pinkbecca12

Re: 'Hold On' (feat. Alex Francis) ☆ Music Video now on YouTube

Postby pinkbecca12 » 22 Apr 2017, 09:47

has anyone noticed so many pixels by the end of the video?, even choosing 1080p has the pixels!
Paul
Custom Title: Say No To The World

Postby Paul » 22 Apr 2017, 09:59

I really like the video & single edit! I actually think it makes a good single. I just struggle with Alex's stage prescence - he & Melanie are worlds apart.

Has it been released to radio in Germany yet?
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 22 Apr 2017, 10:54

Berlin <3 :love: I like the radio edit of the song, it might actually become a hit with good promotion.
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 22 Apr 2017, 13:36

Why is Hold On video unlisted in YouTube and not even showing on her YouTube channel unless we have the link???!!! I really don't understand... Is there something I don't know about unlisted videos that might actually be good?
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 22 Apr 2017, 13:48

Alex's shots were way better than Melanie's... The only great shot of Melanie is the looking out the door shot. Still it's a great video. Suits the song very much.
~niki~

Postby ~niki~ » 22 Apr 2017, 16:09

carlojosegomez8 wrote:Why is Hold On video unlisted in YouTube and not even showing on her YouTube channel unless we have the link???!!! I really don't understand... Is there something I don't know about unlisted videos that might actually be good?

It's on the Melanie C Vevo channel, which isn't available to some countries. Hopefully she posts it on her own channel. What a horrible PR move on Sony's part. They shouldn't restrict who can see their artists' videos.

PoshInMaine wrote:Why did he travel all that way to knock on her hotel door and then leave immediately? LOL

I don't think he was at her door. I think they had two separate story lines going and left the viewer guessing with what happened at the end with his storyline.
Masterpiece
Custom Title: Immune

Postby Masterpiece » 22 Apr 2017, 17:48

pinkbecca12 wrote:has anyone noticed so many pixels by the end of the video?, even choosing 1080p has the pixels!

YouTube compression. It's shitty. I have the digital masters for Anymore and Dear Life, they're crystal clear compared to YouTube.
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 22 Apr 2017, 19:32

~niki~ wrote:
carlojosegomez8 wrote:Why is Hold On video unlisted in YouTube and not even showing on her YouTube channel unless we have the link???!!! I really don't understand... Is there something I don't know about unlisted videos that might actually be good?

It's on the Melanie C Vevo channel, which isn't available to some countries. Hopefully she posts it on her own channel. What a horrible PR move on Sony's part. They shouldn't restrict who can see their artists' videos.

PoshInMaine wrote:Why did he travel all that way to knock on her hotel door and then leave immediately? LOL

I don't think he was at her door. I think they had two separate story lines going and left the viewer guessing with what happened at the end with his storyline.

Melanie is not waiting for Alex and Alex is not going to Melanie. Check the name of the room. Alex knocked on a different door and Melanie opened a different one as well... It's a good twist actually. :)
~niki~

Postby ~niki~ » 22 Apr 2017, 20:15

carlojosegomez8 wrote:Why is it that the actual Hold On music video can't be searched on YouTube? If there is no link provided above I would have not known it was already in YouTube. There is also a warning in YouTube saying "This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing. Only with those with the link can see it." Huh? :shrug:

Where did that link come from? I find it weird that Melanie tweeted that her video would be released, but then never actually announced it the day it was released and now it's available in secret? How do fans know the link to the video?
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 22 Apr 2017, 22:12

^ The link comes from a a German website that has the exclusive online premiere of the video: http://www.stern.de/kultur/musik/melani ... 21642.html
scrabbles

Postby scrabbles » 23 Apr 2017, 00:55

I'm not very keen on either the song or the video, to be honest - I find it quite boring, and Alex Francis' involvement doesn't exactly add value.

That said, with the right amount of promotion, I can see this becoming a hit in Germany. I really can. Fingers crossed! :)
~niki~

Postby ~niki~ » 23 Apr 2017, 05:11

Red Boy wrote:^ The link comes from a a German website that has the exclusive online premiere of the video: http://www.stern.de/kultur/musik/melani ... 21642.html

Ah! I was kinda thinking it had to do with offering it to the German's first because of Sony's involvement. I'm guessing it will probably be made public for everyone else later then.
tommie

Postby tommie » 23 Apr 2017, 05:46

~niki~ wrote:
carlojosegomez8 wrote:Why is it that the actual Hold On music video can't be searched on YouTube? If there is no link provided above I would have not known it was already in YouTube. There is also a warning in YouTube saying "This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing. Only with those with the link can see it." Huh? :shrug:

Where did that link come from? I find it weird that Melanie tweeted that her video would be released, but then never actually announced it the day it was released and now it's available in secret? How do fans know the link to the video?

You can hide a video from view, but still be availble via links. I guess it was an exclusive deal with that website that they did this.
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 23 Apr 2017, 07:25

tommie wrote:
~niki~ wrote:

You can hide a video from view, but still be availble via links. I guess it was an exclusive deal with that website that they did this.

Why hide a music video of the new single you're promoting??? :confused:
tommie

Postby tommie » 23 Apr 2017, 08:50

carlojosegomez8 wrote:
tommie wrote:
~niki~ wrote:

Why hide a music video of the new single you're promoting??? :confused:

Exclusive deal with someone, I guess.

Or you're just Red Girl Records and you do things for shits and giggles.
NorthSea

Postby NorthSea » 23 Apr 2017, 13:12

Perfect Melanie C's style: boring and meaningless
bryand

Postby bryand » 23 Apr 2017, 17:20

NorthSea wrote:Perfect Melanie C's style: boring and meaningless

Because you're too lazy to work out the meaning? It's kinda obvious what the meaning is :Dizzy:
MC2016

Postby MC2016 » 23 Apr 2017, 19:05

It might be boring but it`s beautiful and certainly not meaningless.
bryand

Postby bryand » 23 Apr 2017, 19:25

MC2016 wrote:It might be boring but it`s beautiful and certainly not meaningless.

Exactly!
People these days are inundated with big money machine videos that anything simpler just doesn't fulfill their needs
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 23 Apr 2017, 20:51

Melanie is not waiting for Alex and Alex is not going to see Melanie. Check the name of the suite showing on the door. Alex knocked on a different door and Melanie opened a different door. Great twist. :)
MC2016

Postby MC2016 » 23 Apr 2017, 20:58

carlojosegomez8 wrote:Melanie is not waiting for Alex and Alex is not going to see Melanie. Check the name of the suite showing on the door. Alex knocked on a different door and Melanie opened a different door. Great twist. :)

Yes I noticed that too!!! (it might be a flaw in the shoot, though....)
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 23 Apr 2017, 21:04

MC2016 wrote:
carlojosegomez8 wrote:Melanie is not waiting for Alex and Alex is not going to see Melanie. Check the name of the suite showing on the door. Alex knocked on a different door and Melanie opened a different door. Great twist. :)

Yes I noticed that too!!! (it might be a flaw in the shoot, though....)

Or a real twist in the end... Alex is actually meeting someone else and Melanie is waiting for someone else as well... Better than Alex travelling that far just to leave Melanie wondering... And I can't see them as an item even just for the sake of a music video... Hehe. :)
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 23 Apr 2017, 22:02

I just can't. This song is... I'm sorry. So sorry she has such a bad taste in her releases. Even the bside one minute has more soul than this.
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
~niki~

Postby ~niki~ » 23 Apr 2017, 22:59

Remember, back in the day, when the Spice Girls would release a new single and we wouldn't know it was coming? We were so excited to see something new by the girls and we fell in love with the videos for the mere fact that the girls were in another video. You know, before the internet where everyone became a critic and started thinking they know better than everybody else and thinking musical artists needed to cater to the fans rather than pursuing their passions and making work they're proud of. Yeah, those were good times. Nobody just sits back to enjoy things anymore.

Now, Melanie releases four singles in the span of six months and majority of the fans aren't happy about anything and want to pick everything apart as though they're experts in the industry. Yeah, that's definitely gonna entice her releasing music. :rolleyes:
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 23 Apr 2017, 23:09

~niki~ wrote:Remember, back in the day, when the Spice Girls would release a new single and we wouldn't know it was coming? We were so excited to see something new by the girls and we fell in love with the videos for the mere fact that the girls were in another video. You know, before the internet where everyone became a critic and started thinking they know better than everybody else and thinking musical artists needed to cater to the fans rather than pursuing their passions and making work they're proud of. Yeah, those were good times. Nobody just sits back to enjoy things anymore.

Now, Melanie releases four singles in the span of six months and majority of the fans aren't happy about anything and want to pick everything apart as though they're experts in the industry. Yeah, that's definitely gonna entice her releasing music. :rolleyes:

Because you were plain even in the early spice girls days and wasn't critical or owned an opinion, it doesn't mean everyone was the same.
1000 monks. 1000 religions.

Return to “Melanie C”